As a Process Administrator, you may need to update data provided by a user in a form after the form has been submitted. This guide will provide the steps to manually change form data by accessing the JSON associated with a request.
To implement this solution, the following items are required:
- Admin user credentials or a user with super admin permissions.
- The request number or request ID.
- The name of the variables and data that need to be changed.
Follow these steps to manually update request data:
- Open the request by using the following URL:
Alternatively, open the request by selecting it from the Requests menu in your ProcessMaker instance. A list of tasks in the request is displayed.
- From the available task list, open the form task whose data needs to be changed and go to the Data tab.
- The Data tab displays all request variables and their values in JSON format.
- Find the variable that needs to be changed. For large amounts of data, you may use keyboard shortcuts, such as Control + F, to find the required variable. In this example, the variable to be changed is "phonenumber" and the current value is "833-811-4251".
- Change the variable value as needed. In this example, we are changing the value to "811-833-4521".
- Save the changes using the Save button at the bottom. The following confirmation message is displayed: "The request data was saved".
- If the process has subprocesses, the variable/value to be changed may be a part of several child requests. Ensure that the variable is updated on all child requests as well. A list of child requests (if applicable) can be found in the status window to the right of each request.
- On the other hand, it is possible that the value that has to be changed is part of the request many times in different variables for that, use the browser search engine to find out all of them and change them.
- Changes made to the JSON data cannot be undone. Take a backup of all data before making any changes. This can be done by copying the data displayed in the Data tab and saving it in a text file.
- Only change the value of variables linked to fields in a form. Do not change the value of system variables.
Incorrectly changing JSON data can cause unexpected errors within a request. If you are not sure of how to make this change, please contact ProcessMaker Support by opening a ticket at https://support.processmaker.com/.